Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Dance Party Mix - Just Add Wine

So back in my sophomore year at USC my friend commissioned me to help him create a booty shaking dance party mix. My search for booty anthems led me to the genres of Funk and Disco and everything in my life changed forever. That day i walked to class listening to what i dubbed Funk Mix 2004. Without even realizing i began strutting along campus, shit , i even made it to class...and stayed! Sure i was indulging in the lyrical genius that is Rick James' Give It To Me Baby the entire time, but staying for all of class, thats a feat. So i took this to my friends apartment and it became the official impromptu dance party mix of the semester. Just add wine.

Old Skool Mix 2004

The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
Parliament Funkadelic - Flashlight
Kool and The Gang - Get Down On It
Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
Patti LaBelle - Lady Marmalade
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Rick James - Give It To Me Baby
KC & The Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
Aretha Franklin - Respect
Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star
James Brown - I Feel Good
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
George Clinton - Atomic Dog
Lipps Inc. - Funkytown
RHCP - Love Rollercoater (not sure why i dont have the original by the Ohio Players *shrug*)
Rose Royce - Car Wash
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

1 comment:

bizzle said...

very very nice playlist.

I approve.

I would strut too.